Code Kids Rock Mission
We Call Ourselves "Stat Killers"
Here are some stats to help you understand why this program is so important.
- There will be 1 million more computing jobs than students over the next 10 years (adding up to $500 billion in salaries)
- More than 50 percent of all projected math and science occupations are in computing occupations.
- Computing occupations are among the highest-paying jobs for new graduates. Yet fewer than 3% of college students graduate with a degree in computer science.
- In 36 states, computer science classes don’t count toward math or science high school graduation requirements.
- A.P. Computer Science is taught in only 5% of U.S. high schools
- Fewer than 20 percent of AP Computer Science students are women. Fewer than 10% are Black/African American and Hispanic/Latino.
We believe that by killing the statistics that are showing everything wrong with the state of technology, we will create success stories that will move us forward.
Every student should have the opportunity to learn computer science. Basic programming activities help nurture creativity and problem solving skills. By starting early, students will have a foundation for success in any future career path.